Thursday, October 10, 2013

Book Club Thursday || The Years

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of stopping by a lovely bookstore next to Columbia University's campus.  Having always been a book lover, I absolutely had to drag my parents and brother into store.  Naturally, I went a little crazy in there.  As in a lot crazy.  As in I spent over a hundred bucks on books.  BUT it was so worth it because who walks into a bookstore without buying at least one book?

Amazon
One such book I picked up was Virginia Woolf's The Years.  I have been a fan of Virginia Woolf for only a few months after reading Mrs. Dalloway this spring.  Her novels are so beautifully written and they hold such an important mark in British Literature.  Not to mention the fact that her life was just as much of a beautiful whirlwind as the plots of her novels.

I must admit that I did cheat a little by reading about thirty pages of the book over the course of the last four days, but I am beyond excited to really get in to the novel over the next week!  I've been trying to read at least thirty minutes before I go to bed on weekdays and an hour on the weekends.  Hopefully, the book won't pass by too fast.


To those who have read Woolf's The Years, what were your thoughts?  Anyone else have a reading schedule they try to follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment