As I was walking around Central Park yesterday, I encountered the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir for the first time and I couldn't help reflect on how fortunate I am. I am living in New York City and all I do is complain about how life isn't working out for me. My selfish thoughts have not only been bringing me down, but those around down. Come on, pull yourself together, Simek.
I am in New York City. This city will allow me to discover myself in ways that I probably wouldn't be able to in. I will get to live in this glorious city for some period of my life after graduation. My perspective is the only thing I need to change.
Things I've done in NYC in my first month:
- Fall shopping spree
- Ate tiramisu gelato at Eataly
- Ate breakfast two weekends at Tom's Restaurant in a row in Morningside Heights (yes, Tom's Restaurant aka "The Seinfeld Diner"
- Ate mini cupcakes in Columbus Circle at midnight
- Walked half of Central Park
- Rode the Ferris Wheel in the Toys "R" Us in Times Square